Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficult breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.
Call your doctor at once if you have a serious side effect such as:
- fever, chills, flu symptoms;
- white patches or sores inside your mouth or on your lips;
- confusion, trouble with daily activities;
- nausea, upper stomach pain, itching, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes);
- severe skin reaction -- fever, sore throat, swelling in your face or tongue, burning in your eyes, skin pain, followed by a red or purple skin rash that spreads (especially in the face or upper body) and causes blistering and peeling;
Less serious side effects may include:
- flushing (warmth, redness, or tingly feeling);
- nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea;
- headache, dizziness, feeling tired;;
- sleep problems (insomnia);
- numbness or tingling in your hands or feet; or
- menstrual irregularities.
This is not a complete list of side effects and others may occur. Call your doctor for medical advice about side effects.