Seek urgent emergency help if you experience any of the following allergic reactions: hives, breathing difficulties, swelling of the mouth, tongue, lips or throat.
Stop taking propranolol and call your doctor immediately if you experience the following serious side effects:
- Dizziness and fainting
- Shortness of breath even with mild activities
- Unusually fast or slow heartbeats
- Upper abdominal pain, nausea, clay-colored stools, loss of appetite, yellowing of the skin and/or eyes
- Swollen ankles or feet
- Cold feeling in hands or feet
- Hallucinations, disorientation, depression
- Serious skin reactions including swollen tongue or face, burning in eyes, fever, sore throat, skin pain followed by red/purple rash spreading to face and/or upper body (accompanied by blisters and peeling)
Common side effects of Propranolol include:
- Vomiting, diarrhea and feeling nauseous
- Stomach aches, constipation
- Lessened sex drive, inability to reach sexual climax, impotence
- Insomnia while feeling tired
For the complete list of possible propranolol side effects, talk to your doctor.